Friday, February 12, 2010

Great friends make for a Great Day!

Last Saturday, a few of the greatest friends in the world hosted a wonderful baby shower for me to celebrate Baby Cooper's upcoming arrival. Melissa, Jamie, Kimberly... you guys really are the greatest! These same wonderful gals threw Toby and I our wedding shower before we were married, but I must admit, this one was way more exciting for some reason. I think it's the anticipation of what's ahead - with the wedding, I kind of knew what I was in for. :) But with Cooper, there's so much that I don't know - what will he look like, how big will he be, will he be blonde like Toby or dark-headed like me, will he have those big "get you out of any trouble" dimples like his dad... We have a whole new life with new experiences waiting for us and I am so excited. I guess for all these reasons, this baby shower was a great day! A great day of celebration and preparation! But of course, it wouldn't have been the same without my amazing girlfriends! For those who don't know, we all went to high school together. I'm pretty sure Jamie was my first friend when I moved from Corpus to Tomball - we met in the youth group at Salem and she helped make my transition an easy one. Melissa and Kimberly I met at high school - they were close friends with Jamie. I have amazing memories with each of them - Kim and I seemed to always be getting into something that last year of high school and Melissa and I... oh Melissa and I... my first years in College Station wouldn't have been the same without you! :)

I am so very grateful and appreciative for these girls. I consider myself lucky to have such amazing people in my life who I know care a lot about my family and me.

Thanks girls!!! ...for everything you've done for me and all the help and advice I know you're going to give me when baby Cooper comes! :)

Here are a few pics from the shower...










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Allen's Blog | by TNB